Thursday 30 December 2010

One word for 2011

Image: Ingrid Duffy
Making 2011 my best year yet.
Inspired by Kim Klassen's post today and Beth's yesterday,
I started thinking what my word for 2011 should be.

I like the idea of choosing one word for the new year, instead of making many resolutions which become more of a burden and less of an inspiration. This is an opportunity to create resolutions but with many possibilities to make it more than you ever dreamt of on this cold late-December day. 
Why not pair your word with a photograph and make it something to catch your eye in your home, on your laptop or in your wallet?

My word is Organise

I need to bring order to the chaos muddle of many areas of my life.
For starters: 
~ Reducing my email inbox from today's 9505 messages
~ My iPhoto library- similarly out of control
~ My work room - which I left as a material maze of fabric, felt and fluff when I flew off for Christmas.
~ The book that I am writing 
~ A house move to plan and make happen!
~ Hundreds of metres of fabric to turn into beautiful products for the home
~ A dog to repatriate
~ This blog!

My photo of Canada geese flying overhead this week is just right for my form of organisation - not perfectly symmetrical but with definite direction. 

It really is clear that 2011 will be an amazing year if I just start to organise myself -- my thoughts, my things and my life.

I feel so excited I might just go and delete a 1000 emails right now.


Do share what your word will be for 2011 and in Kim's words
"Let's make 2011 the Best Year yet"
 I can't wait to see your words...


3 comments:

ID said...

A very inspiring post! I hope to help you on the journey and need to join you by finding a word of my own....

Red Red Completely Red said...

What a lovely idea. I've been inspired to get my morning organised and find my own word!

jlconn said...

I couldn't choose just one word. I have four: Create, active, simple, accomplish. I have discovered Wordle - word clouds (www.wordle.net) and have been playing around with them, having some creative fun. Thanks again for the inspiration.
Best wishes for the New Year!

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...